Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Ultimate..

With hard work- comes reward. With anything in life. Not necesarily is it always a tangible reward like behave nicely and mommy gives you candy corn- sometimes the feeling of success is a reward on its own. Study hard for tests- you're likely to get good grades. Graduate from a great college- you're likely to land a great job. Put in long hard hours at work and prove yourself- you're likely to get promoted. But what about the unknown? Its easy to venture into something when theres guarunteed results at the end- but what about blindly diving in? Not knowing whats to come? Its a lot of hours of hard work- and all you have is the hope that you will be successful. Take your weight for example. You've always wanted to lose weight. Weather it be 10 lbs or 50 lbs. You have the tools to get there- you know what needs to get done. But who's to know if it will even work? What if you gain it back? What if you dont even lose weight? You can read success story after success story but who's to know if you will be just as successful. Or worse- what if you've done it before- many times before- and see what success feels like only to have it ripped from you days after- you lost the 10 lbs by whichever method you chose- and a few days of binging and skipping workouts- you're back to where you started from. Sound familiar?

In reality- there are no promising results. Yes- there is science and numbers and it all does boil down to a mathematical equation..burn more calories than u consume and you will lose weight. But within all those numbers- deits-programs- promises- theres YOU. and you are the key component. You have to be willing to take a risk and have faith in yourself. Believe in you. If you doubt yourself you'll never get anywhere. I cant tell you how many times I hear the words, "I cant". "I give up". "Its too hard". "My body just doesnt want to lose weight" "It's never gonna happen". "Im doomed" "Whats wrong with me". Think those things- then honey I hate to break it to ya but you're causing this and you'll never get anywhere. Switch the I cants to I cans. Stop focusing on what you cant eat and focus on what you can eat. Stop focusing on which exercises you cant do and focus on what you can do. And for crying out loud- stop saying theres no hope- your mind is more powerful than you think and controls the actions you take- the phrase "Think good and it will be good" can change your life drastically is you actually try it. Believe it- and stick with it-through thick and thin- weight loss and weight gains. Easy runs and hard runs. Tired days and full of energy days. Busy days- crappy days- hormonal days- rainy days- kids driving you crazy days- husband driving you crazy days- bad hair days- feeling fat days- ANY DAY. B/c after all your hard work- one day you will look at yourself in the mirror and say "I did it."- and when that day comes- from then on you will have a new found respect for yourself- your commitment-and the affirmed faith that with positive attitude and putting in the effort- you can accomplish anything you put your mind to.


I've always been a risk taker. Its in my genes- I live on the edge and never say no to a challenge. I've always loved clothing. I'm a jeans a t-shirt kinda girl but at the same time I'm a Rachel Zoe impersonator that thinks fur hats are bananas. It's been a dream of mine to open a clothing store. Not for the business aspect of it but those are perks- but simply cuz I love clothes- I love bargains- I like inexpensive clothing that looks like you're wearing something exclusively designer but in reality you paid 40 bucks for it. But hey- this was only a dream- and lets face- I'm a 23 year old girl raising 2 kids paycheck to paycheck- I went to Bais Chana High School and know nothing about starting a business. I'm terrible with numbers- math- and dont even know where to go to purchase the clothing.I know nothing about legal aspects- accounting-permits-wholesale-dbas-llcs- and anything related to opening a business. But the more I thought about it- the more I wanted to do it- so I blindly jumped in- not knowing where on earth this would take me. I decided I start small and slow. Take it step by step and see where it leads to. I learned the basics of opening up a store- what would my costs be- learned that it would be easier starting off in my house then having to pay rent and utilities- I found vendors that I loved that understand the look I'm going for in my store and work with me to make the clothing. I ran the idea by close family and friends and developed a great support system which I knew I would need at a time like this. After months of hard works- long days-long nights-traveling- and yes many set-backs and bumps on the road- but the encouragement of great friends and a very supportive husband- I had my first Trunk Show yesterday- and the success of the event is beyond anything I would have ever dreamed of. I can promise you- take risks- reasonable risks- have a passion for what you do- have faith in what you do- get support for what you're doing- and you WILL succeed. It starts whenever you start believing.
















No comments:

Post a Comment