Sunday, November 28, 2010

Q and A

What type of Yoga do you do?
Lately I've just been doing Yoga DVD workouts from DirectTV- but I love and recommend Bikram Yoga if you have the time and $ for it.

Can you reccomend a menu for someone that needs to lose 20 lbs and what ex. to do to burn fat and tone all body?
Cut all white flour and sugar- proteins should be lean (chicken breast, turkey breast, egg whites, lean beef) carbs should be whole grains- fruit should be limited.
There are so many exercises to chose from- for starters chose a cardio that you like (jogging, biking, dancing, eliptical, kick boxing, swimming, etc) Each person is different so you must like it in order to stick to it..do it for 45 minutes..3-5 times a week.

How do you make the Veggie Soup?
I dont follow recipies- this soup should also be called "Everything but the baby" cuz thats what's in the soup. Basicly, I sautee an onion in cooking spray and add leaks, celery, mushrooms, cabbage, zuccini, yellow squash, green beans, carrots, butternut squash, fresh corn, peas, literally- whatever u want!! mix it up 10-15 minutes..cover with water..add salt-pepper-onion soup mix-herbs..cover and let simmer for 45 minutes..

What's a good bra when Target brand just doesnt fit?
Wish I had that prob :) Try Champion- I heard they make good ones..

Is it possible to gain 3 lbs in a day? Seems like after the weekend I always gain 3 lbs!?
Welcome to the club! No- its not 3 lbs. Your body weight can fluctuate up to 7 lbs in a day. Your weight depends on so many things other than body fat: salt-water-hormones-sleep-stress-carbs-period-bloating-gas...so dont worry about the number- especially after the weekend!

I always feel so tired with not enough energy to get through the day. How can I commit to working out?
Are you eating enough? Drinking enough? Schedule your workouts first thing in the morning and I promise this will give you MORE energy throughout the day.

Do you work out on your period?
Yes- for me it actually helps but I do know many people that absolutely can't. If you get very bad cramps- definately cut back or modify- dont overdo it.

Have you ever done the 3 day diet?
The hot dog one? Yes- but I dont like tuna- saltines-hot dogs- beets so I basicly modified everything. Diet didnt work for me but I know many people that like it. Dont expect the weight to stay off for good though- take a bite of a pear the next day and you're back to where you started from.

Sorry that I didnt get to all the questions- they will be posted in next weeks!
Email your Q's to RachelCFT@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment