Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I got a good idea..

Everyday when my 3 year old daughter comes home from school she always has the most brilliant idea- and she says it exactly the same way- same time- same place- as if its a new magical idea she just thought of. We get home, she throws off her backpack- walks into the kitchen- sees her stool on the floor and the mixer on the counter and says "Hey Mommy- I got a good idea- lets make cookies together!!". Every single day. Every once in a while I give in- but when I do- she ends up eating half the batter before theyre  baked- and I have these hot smelling cookies staring at me in the face alll dayyyyy. My husband will eat one and say he's full- and my daugher only likes the batter- so who do you think get tormented by them all day? Exactly..

So- the other day- same thing happened- this time I'm getting smart. I suck at following recipies so I whip out oatmeal, egg whites, vanilla, agave nectar, baking soda, oatbran, craisins, apple sauce, and of course choc chips to make it look like the real deal- and voila' we have a new found favorite chocolate chip cookie.





My eating over Chanuka has been pretty much the same- I'm not a fan of the fried foods but I did have one too many bags of chocolate coins. Workouts have been the same- I've increased my running a bit more and for the past 2 weeks I've cut back on weights every day- gonna try to build a bit again so I'm gonna do weights 3 days a week to let them rest in between.

I made a Turkey Chilli the other night- well not really a Chilli cuz I didnt put beans in it but saying Chilli sounds so much cooler. I sauteed onions, garlic and jalapenos in a tablespoon of oil for 12 minutes till it got crispy looking- I added zuccini, squash, red bell pepper and sauteed another 5 minutes. I added lean ground turkey breast, mixed that in there- and then season with salt-pepper- tomato sauce-tamari sauce-chilli flakes-and vegetable stock. Turned it to low and let it sit for 25 min covered. Was good and spicy. I had it with quinoa and brussel sprouts- very hardy meal.

Oh- also- I was in Costco the other day and bought this salsa that looked good. Its called Salsa Fresca and basicly tastes like tons of roasted peppers chopped of- and its nice and spicy. I've had it with everything- omelettes-chickens-in salads- and its also great for parties with corn chips.

A little workout note- last week I lunged up hill about 6 times for a total of 55 lunges each set. My legs were on fire over the weekend- sitting down felt like a workout on its own. For great legs and a great burn- find a nice long hill and lunge it up. Walk in down and start all over again. Do as many as you can- 3 sets is great- aim for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment