Sunday, January 30, 2011

Real Women- Meet Brandi

As a quest to find out how all woman conduct their life- I've set out to interview all different women. I know whats works for me- and what doesnt. But as I've said so many times- we're all truly different and need to find out what works for us as an individual. So, lets see whats worked for others- or what hasnt- and what other woman have to say about weight, food, fitness, and their attitude towards it all.

I'd like to introduce my dear friend Brandi. Brandi is 32 years old and the mom of 3 young children. She's a stay at home mom- which she describes as truly one of the hardest jobs out there. She is 5"1"- and weighs 118 lbs. Let's learn a bit about her..

 



What time does your day start?
7 am


What's for breakfast?
First thing in the morning is a latte. After my workout its usually egg whites with salsa in the form of a burrito or with cottage cheese and ezekial toast.


Do you exercise? If yes what and how often?
Yes, if time permits usually 6 days a week. I mix it up with weight lifting/ light cardio or dance class (jazzercise- don't make fun) ***(me: Why would I make fun I love the carwash dance!!)

What are you snacks, lunch and dinner? 
Since my breakfast is large I do not usually eat a big lunch. I will usually substitute it with a protein shake of 1/2 cup of milk, 1 tsp of natural peanut butter, 1 tsp. of cocoa powder, 1 banana, scoop of vanilla protein and ice.. Yum!
Dinner is different every night- favorites are sushi (yes with the rice), chicken and pasta, salmon.. Whatever my tastebuds are craving that night. I do not diet. I never could! And honestly, I don't want to. I eat what I like in moderation and I work out hard so that I can maintain my choices.

What motivates you to eat healthy and exercise?
I love to exercise so it's motivation in itself. I love the way I feel after a good sweaty workout..I try to eat health to be a good example for my kids.. With all the junk food that is available for our kids these days I feel it's important to show them how to make good choices..

What about bad days?
I don't beat myself up at all over it. If I miss a workout I dont worry about it or if I eat everyones dessert or the kids pizza I font worry about it either. I enjoy my life. Lifes too short to miss it's great indulgences:)
 
Whats your guilty pleasure?
You mean what isn't! My worst time of eating guilty food is at night when the kids are in bed and I'm in bed in front of the TV. Nothing is off limits- unless it's not sweet! I must admit I must have something sweet EVERY night before bed- ice-cream, Fro yo, cereal, bananas with chocolate sauce and nuts, if I have left over shabbat cake in the house. 

Thanks Brandi!


**I love Brandi's spirit and attitude about life. She always has a smile on her face, and is always up for a good time. She truly enjoys life- and lives each moment to the fullest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment