Thursday, October 21, 2010

Are you staring at my Biceps?

The biceps are one of my most favorite muscles to work with. When toned properly they represent dedication, hard work, and a sense of pride in developing the muscles of ones body. They act as an assisting muscle when toning your upper body, but when you single them out you really start seeing major definition..behold that nice sculpted curved look :)

Grab a pair of handweights anywhere from 5-12 lbs. Stand with feet shoulder width apart, knees slightly bent. Glue your elbows into your sides- dont move them. With weights down at your sides- slowly curl the weight up, completely bending the elbow, and slowly lower it down. Do each move slowly. When you come down slow, you hit your triceps also...2 for one baby! Do 12-15 reps..and do 3 sets of them. Remember do em slow..its not a race, and the slower you do them, the harder your muscles have to work.


You can do so many variations with the bicep curl. Standing, sitting, lunging, squatting. with weights, with resistance bands- whatever you chose...

I have a client Lesley- when she first came to me I told her immediately that she had an amazing upper body to sculpt..when she was working her biceps the other day I told her to stop cuz I just had to take a picture..I love love love seeing this! Keep it up lady!


So late morning..breakfast so far is green tea and grapefruit..I'm gonna try some yoga- I've been meaning to try Body by Betheny..if you're ever seen Real Housewives on NY (a guilty pleasure) you know Betheny Frankel- she has a Yoga DVD that I've wanted to try- today seems like the perfect day...

No comments:

Post a Comment