Thursday, October 21, 2010

Namaste?!?

SHE LOOKS SO PEACEFUL IM JEALOUS!
Heres my deal with Yoga. It's about relaxing, breathing, good energy, stretching, slowing down,  finding that "inner peace"...I have such a hard time with it. I love the workout, I've done it numerous times, was even a Bikram Yoga addict for a year- but I feel like I need to get into the "Yoga Groove". I have such a hard time just relaxing and focusing on my breathing. It feels like I'll never mind my inner peace cuz I dont think I have one!

MUCH BETTER
The reason I work out with my clients is b/c I just cant sit still. I've tried so many times- but after a few moves I give up and grab the damn weights. If I'm on the computer, I'm talking, texting, chatting, emailing, feeding, making lunches, cleaning, and writing a blog. Could just be the life of a mother, we get used to the constant hussle and bussle and dont even take time to breathe. So, slowing down- focusing-breathing-concentrating unfortunately is very hard for me. When I'm supposed to focus on breath I focus on my To-Do list..and the list goes on and on..

I enjoyed Body by Betheny today, half way into it Sarah woke up from her nap so we did it together :) The hardest thing for me was to give in to the fact that its ok for me to relax while doing it. I definately felt it was a great overall workout for the arms, abs, and thighs- done in a very different way than I'm used to..but its something that as a wife, mom, trainer, woman, person- I feel I could really benefit from, for more than just the workout. So, to yoga or not to yoga? I'm thinking of committing myself to at least twice a week for an hour. I havent fully decided yet cuz I dont want to make any commitments Im not sure I'm ready to keep.

After my Yoga adventure, it was day as usual. Breakfast was reg. Lunch was fruit with another protein pancake, this time I put some p.b and J on it. Dinner was Pizza Nosh (local joint here) I got salad and veggie soup..they happen to make the best pizza out there..I was quite tempted to steal a slice..but if I do have pizza I like to do it on the weekends- I need my week to be super strict so I enjoy it!

Gonna sleep on the Yoga idea tonight..

No comments:

Post a Comment