Thursday, October 28, 2010

Mix n Match



I wrote on Tuesday night that I was going to to work on some new workout moves to incorporate into my routines along with my clients. I have been trying to get into the Yoga groove and decided to throw in some Yoga into my usual non stop, go big or go home style workouts.
So, the workout starts off with
Walking out push ups- then immediately into T-stands and now holding the T-stands 15 seconds each side
Front lunge- 15 reps-into warrior 1 pose holding for 30 seconds- repeat second side
Weighted Plie squat-touching floor with weights and coming into chest fly
(3x)
Flog Leg sit up
Full sit ups
Reverse Crunch
(3x)
Tricep Dip, hold 15 at the end
Downward dog to tricep Push up
(3x)

In between each circuit I threw in 3 min high energy cardio of 60 second jumping jacks, 60 jump squats, 60 jump lunges..Was a fun challenge- especially after your muscles are screaming from performing the exercise-then you make em hold it for 15 seconds- they really start shaking and its all about breathing till the finish.

Food yesterday was grapefruit, green tea, P.P and coffee. I did this workout Tues night and then again Wed morning. I needed to buy a Book at Barnes and Noble- was ready to put babes in car and drive over there..but it was so nice out, so why not jog it..was definately a challenge that I'm not sure I'd do again..there were lotsa hills and when I jog with baby I prefer flat terrain- but try something new right?? Was worth it when I got there- had another coffee- my Misto-well earned!

Lunch was chicken, sweet potatoes, brown rice..had apple and popcorn for snacking, then dinner I made a good chicken- I liked..

 Take Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
 Dip in egg


Roll in Chopped Pistachios


Bake in oven at 400 for 40-50 min..and then I made a sauce with onion soup mix, soy sauce, honey, water, salt and pepper that I served over it..


Had that with brown rice, butternut squash, and green beans..

Again- carb loading this week..I always seem to fall into that trap..gonna try to eliminate them after breakfast today..we'll see how that goes..

Today is yoga- I'm looking forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment