Sunday, October 24, 2010

Q and A 2

Can you recommend a good workout that can be done at home?
A few years ago I came across this workout on the web and its always been my go to workout when I need to get in something quick and effective. It's easy yet challenging, and can be modified to meet any fitness level. You also need no equipment at all which is always great! I use it a lot when I'm traveling- can easily be done in a hotel room or any area with enough room for you to move around..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhWjPYdu_qk


I have such a sweet tooth, what can I eat thats healthy but also satisfies my sweet tooth?
Hmm- sugar free candies...frozen grapes..sweet fruits...sugar free fat free jellos or pudding...craisins...sorbets..dried fruit...coconut milk ice cream..just be careful with how much of any you eat..


What cardio can be done with a bad knee?
Brisk walking, swimming, eliptical, even a stationary bike..

I dont understand any of the exercises you write, can you explain them?
I can try- I hope to upload video demonstrations soon so stay tuned..there are so many different ones it would take to long to write...you can easily google any of the exercise names and a full demonstration with pictures will be available.

Do you use heavy weights? Will they make me look bulky?
Depends what I'm doing- I go back and forth. Using heavy weights will not make you look bulky- woman dont have enough testosterone for that. Using heavy weights will increase your stregnth and develop toned sculpted muscles- not big bulky ones.

Can you describe exactly how to make "The Protein Pancake"?
The most common question of the week..here goes
Cook half cup oatmeal in 1 cup water (or add 1 cup boiling water to oatmeal) (I use Quaker Oats)
Add 1/4 cup egg whites to cooked oatmeal
Add cinammon, vanilla extract, truvia
Mix all up, pour onto skillet sprayed with cooking spray
Cook 5-7 minutes each side.
I've been getting lotsa emails with variations..So once you've cooked your oatmeal and added your egg whites feel free to try adding any of these:
almond milk, reg milk, soy milk, agave nectar, flax seeds, wheat germ, oat bran, ginger, nutmeg, whole eggs, protein powder, pumpkin puree, peanut butter, almond butter, walnuts, craisins, chocolate chips, apple sauce...use ur imagination and get creative..
Also, once in cooked you can eat it topped off with bananas, berries, truvia and cinammon, peanut butter and jelly, chocolate spread, hazelnut spread...It can be a great treat when you need that little something sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment