Monday, October 25, 2010

Weekend Round-up

Nothing like a weekend with good appetites- lotsa food-family and the all too often sitting around the table talking, eating, and not realizing how much you're actually eating. Then, the Saturday night trip to Shnitzily where I order a health salad..but that health salad turns into half of everyone elses food and a surprise on the house sweet potatoes fries- and when something is on the house- you just cant not eat it..double negative= positive..u must eat them- all of them! They were damn worth it!

So Sunday was early morning Yoga..would u look at that??!! Then the stocking up of the house..Trader Joes, Supersal, Costco...I got lotsa fruits, veggies, coffee, proteins, sweet potato, butternut squash, snacks for lunches, milks, cheese, breads, almond butter, diet coke, water, pickles..etc

I prepped everything Sunday cuz I had some time and why not..I had some egg whites left over so I didnt need to do that just yet but heres a glimpse..


My Proteins- I buy the chicken with the skin on it b/c I feel that when you cook it with the skin it keeps the chicken juicier and more flavorful, I put salt and Herbs De Provence on top, cook at 475 for 30 min then lower to 350 and cook another hour slightly covered..I have the chicken breast for quick grilling and for tomorrow's dinner for the fam..

Chicken ready to go..


Lemons for the Tea in the morning and big sweet potatoes for chopping and roasting..I wash, chop, sprinkle with cinammon and cook at 400 for 45 minutes..


Sweet Potatoes ready to go..


Brown rice ready to go..

Veggie Drawer..


Fruit Drawer..


 Cauliflower ready to roast..

Diet Coke and Pickle Fix..


So Sundays eating was P.P for breakfast, apple for snack, chicken sweet potato, cauliflower for lunch, salad with chicken, cranberries, walnuts, and balsamic vinagrette for dinner, grapefruit for late night snack..did intense workout in garage once kids were asleep..
Sit up, walk out, push up, squat and shoulder press
Walking lunges with weighted twist
Inverted Rows
(3x)
Leg lifts
Russian Twists
Plie' Squat press
(3x)
Closed grip bicep curls
Tricep Extentions
Jump lunges
(3x)

Monday's breakfast is grapefruit, green tea- 1 hour walk in the hills with friends and babies, and then P.P with coffee..now nap time, kitchen, laundry, dinner prep..arghh..I can do this..bring it

1 comment: