Tuesday, November 23, 2010

When you feel like giving up..



I just had to. Love me some Megan any day any time.

I arrived late Thursday night from my trip- had a few clients the next morning but then went directly into the weekend. This weekend was oh so fun- like I said I dont watch what I eat on the weekends- maybe I should consider doing that!! This weekend sucked! I acted as if I've never seen food before- and everything was like a foreign delicacy for me. If anyone asks me what my moods are like I say, "Monday through Friday I'm great- come Sunday I feel like a depressed goat (I dont know- goats seem depressed right?) and Monday I start all over again. Abundance was the term for the weekend- 3 pieces bread with all those fatty mayonaisy salads- dips- double portions of main dishes and whatever the hell was sweet and satisfying for dessert. That was Friday night- the next day was worse. Come Saturday night, the pizza and fries show up. I'm so down for that.

Sunday- needless to say I woke up bloated, eyes were puffy, felt gross- but hey I did this to myself. So, I have 2 choices. I can sulk about it- get cranky- punish myself and put myeslf down. Or- get proactive. Its over- done- no going back- so forget it and move on. Be productive and have a great start to the upcoming week. So I went for a 5.5 mile run and felt like a new person when I finished.

There are many times when I give up. Times when I give up with eating and times when I give up with exercising. We're all normal human beings that have moments where we'd rather just dig into a bowl of ice cream and screw the run for another day. Or dig into that pie of pizza- and once that happens why not go all out and add the fries, milkshake and finish it off with a REGULAR coke. It happens, and while at the moment it feels great- we all know the after feeling. How you deal with that after feeling is what's going to make you or break you. Be smart and productive. Unfortunately these behaviors can lean to downward spirals where you completely give up- so change the attitude you have about it. The moment you restructure yourself- start fresh and dive right back into your normal and eating exercising habits- you will feel like a new person.

On Sunday after the run I had my usual breakfast, an apple as a snack, grilled chicken with salad for lunch, egg white omelette as another snack, and chicken again for dinner with another salad.

Monday morning workout was an hour run and full body stregnth training. Most was typical as written in other posts but I added some uphill lunging- I have a long steep hill outside my house and lunged from bottom to top - 3 times.

I made another veggie soup for the week. Especially with this weather it's the perfect go to snack, meal- whatever. Just a low calorie staple that can be eaten whenever!

1 comment:

  1. Can u please post a menu/diet for someone trying to lose about 20 pounds, that you follow?
    Also, what type of excersize routine would you recommend for me, i have to tone my entire body, and burn fat.

    ReplyDelete