Monday, December 20, 2010

Day One

I knew I was going to be starting this cleanse and I'm not sure what my energy will be like for high energy workouts- which is what I generally do. So- late Sunday night I made sure to get in a high cardio muscle sculpting workout. I did:
burpess with the bosu (hold onto upside down bosu- jump legs in-legs out-lift bosu over head and repeat)
push ups against bosu
pull ups on smith machine
x3
jump squats on bosu
lunge and shoulder fly
abs curls on bench
x3
bicycle cruch
ball tucks
squat-bicep curl-shoulder press
x3
tricep ext
ball wide rows
chest press on bench


Day One:
I woke up this morning committed- ready- excited. I feel the need to psyche myself up when I take upon something new. Everything is mind of matter- so I tell myself I can do this and I will do this.

6:30 am- Woke up- had 8 ounces cranberry water (to make cranberry water I put 4 ounces 100% cranberry juice and 28 ounces water in a 32 ounce bottle) and I put a tablespoon of ground flax seeds in the cranberry juice- called the "Cranberry Cocktail".
7:00 am- hot lemon water
8:00 am grapefruit (went for 30 min run after grapefruit)
9:45 am 2 hardboiled eggs- brussel sprouts, cucumbers, tomatoes- 1 cup organic coffee

I'm writing this as I go- and will publish at night. So far so good- I do not feel hungry (yet) and I have my bottle of cranberry water that I'll sip until I have a snack later on.

11:30- an apple
12:00 am- OK- getting hungry- too early for lunch- more cranberry water I guess
1:00- lunch!!! Big piece chicken breast (cooked with skins on but removed when eating) with a huge salad of lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, broccli, cauliflower, cabbage, onion, basil, cucumbers and dressing of fresh garlic, fresh shallots, apple cider vinegar and fresh lemon.

I made a big tray of salad so I can have it all day- and I made a container of the dressing.

The size of my salad kept me very full until about 4pm- started getting a little hungry so
4pm- more salad with a turkey burger
7pm- Before dinner I had another "Cranberry Cocktail" and then dinner of same salad, steamed brussel sprouts, and 2 turkey burgers.

Day one is over- well sorda- besides for the mid-morning hunger I was ok. I can tell this cleanse is going to take major will power- and I will probably get very very bored of the foods- but 2 weeks...I can do this!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck!! Your blog inspired me to start the cleanse as well! I've got the book, my cranberry juice, and im all ready and psyched to start tomorrow. Thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck! Please let me know how your day goes- and remember to prepare everything before hand- its a huge huge help!

    ReplyDelete