Thursday, December 16, 2010

Workout like a Star..

At the risk of sounding super vain- I'll just have to say it anyways. Whether it be true or not- I find celebrity eating and gym habbits an inspiration and a motivational tool. Yes- they are paid to look good. Yes- they have the money to afford a Personal Trainer- a chef- and a personal body guard to make sure they dont touch that piece of bread- and on top of all that- 99.9 percent of all the photos we see of them are photo shopped to perfection which leaves us- the average folks out there- wondering how its at all possible for someone to look so good. Yes, a lot of them are beautiful in person- but lets not fool ourselves and get carried away with a strive for "perfection". Its not possible, we all have flaws- lets just strive to be healthy and look good 50% of the time. Having that said- heres are little bits and pieces of whats been said or done by celebs. True or not- is for you to decide- but take it as you wish and use the information to guide you in the right direction..

 Leighton Meester

“I hate working out for the sake of working out—it’s a chore. I hate going to the gym, and I don’t really care to do it. The one thing I love is yoga, and I do it at least four or five times a week. It’s pretty fast-paced. I never get bored.”


Nicole Scherzinger


“I’ve tried every diet out there and they don’t work, because eventually the diet ends and I want the foods that I restrain myself from eating.
“It’s about having everything in moderation as long as you’re staying active. I also try not to eat late at night, not after 7pm if I can help it.”

 Kate Hudson


“I am, by nature, active and I have to work out. I usually do two hours each day when I’m at home. I dance, I like to spin.

“It’s better to eat things like apple with a tablespoon of almond butter, or dark chocolate of you have a sweet tooth.”


Mandy Moore




“There have been times when *dieting* was the first thing on my mind all the time. I was so affected and driven by that diet and what I’m eating and how much I’m exercising.”
“I’ve just realized in time that if it’s a constant thread in the background of my life… that’s when I’m the happiest and that’s when I feel the best about myself.”
“I’m not obsessive about dieting. If I want to have a burger and fries like I did the other night in the park, then I’m going to do that because that’s okay.”
 Natalie Portman 


****Natalie Portman recently played a ballerina in the movie Black Swan. She trained incredibly hard for this role and here's what has been said about it****


Working out eight hours at a time. Swimming a mile a day. Dancing despite bruised feet, aching muscles, and a displaced rib. Natalie Portman didn’t take the easy road in preparing to play ambitious ballerina Nina Sayers in Black Swan. But the 29-year-old actress says there was no other option. “So many of the emotional scenes happen while she’s dancing that there was no real way of getting around it,” explains Portman, whose character suffers a mind-bending nervous breakdown while rehearsing to dance the lead in a glitzy production of Swan Lake.
Although Portman did use a double for some of the more complicated choreography, she still had to look the part of a ballerina.
Portman says that not eating — or, rather, eating very little — is an essential part of a dancer’s lifestyle. “I’m a very short person, and you’re supposed to look very long,” she explains. “And you don’t have the bulk on you — which is, like, sick. The whole thing, I’m aware that it’s sick.”
…For the record, not all of Portman got smaller while training. “Dancers, even when they’re really frailly skinny, have a very strong butt. So Mary Helen [former New York City Ballet company member Mary Helen Bowers] did a lot of work on my butt,” she giggles. The result? “Definitely a huge, huge, um…change.”
 Heidi Klum




“The ultimate beauty secret for a woman getting older is, Don’t be too thin! It is always better to have a little meat on your bones. When you are just muscle, you end up being gaunt in the face, and that makes you look older by 5 or 10 years.”


Cameron Diaz





Blessed with a fast metabolism (pre Charlie's Angels, the former model claimed she hadn't exercised a day in her life) Diaz works out for strength, rather than weight loss. ''I always associated [exercise] with pain,'' Diaz, 38, has said. ''Then, for [Charlie's Angels], we worked out eight hours a day, five days a week for three months, and I learned what it felt like to be strong. Now that I know how that feels, I never want to be too far away from it.''
Apart from surfing, which Diaz likens to a ''religious experience'' (and trainers would call a core workout) Cam usually works out for an hour, five days weekly, often with a trainer. It's said she spends 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer and 30 minutes lifting light weights and doing Pilates.



Padma Lakshmi




You can try other forms of fitness exercise for weight loss, mix and match until you find a combination you truly enjoy and can do regularly. Whether it’s walking or weight lifting or swimming and sculpting classes or biking and boxing, seek a fitness exercise program for weight loss that includes both cardio exercise and strength fitness training activities.
In addition, Padma Lakshmi says that you have to make sure you are undergoing a fitness exercise program for the RIGHT reasons. She emphasized that her fitness exercise expectations are reasonable “I can’t expect to look immediately the way I looked before. It is about feeling good about yourself and being healthy.”


Rachel Bilson


Rachel Bilson credits her amazing shape to David Kirsch’s weight loss diet plan which is a weight loss diet plan followed by a lot of other celebrities as well. The David Kirsch’s weight loss diet plan was invented by a man named David Kirsch whose expertise draws from his diverse fitness training background to combine his knowledge of fitness exercise, good health and spiritual wellness in his approach to fitness exercise and nutrition. He’s a staunch advocate of mind-body conditioning exercises, teaching clients like Liv Tyler, Naomi Campbell and Heidi Klum among many others.
Under the David Kirsch weight loss diet plan, Rachel practices his weight loss diet philosophy which he calls the ABCDEF diet plan. This is an acronym for the foods that one should avoid while on the Kirsch weight loss diet plan: alcohol, bread, starchy carbs, dairy, extra sweets, fruits and most fats.



I could spend all day doing this- theres a lot of good information here- who cares if theyre lying- you do it- let it work for you..and if none of the above gets you going..well heres a little pic to jump start you..gotta love those angels!


3 comments:

  1. i really enjoyed this article, but i don't think victoria's secret models are very healthy as some of them are bone thin...
    check this out:
    http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/celebrity_photos/item_8h109nbtqlwa89DTVv6X4L

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing is for certain - They do work hard to maintain their physique. Hard work pays off! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do work very hard- and again they are paid to have those bodies- and are given the necessary tools to maintain them. I do prefer a more muscular look- but to each their own. A lot of supermodels are Brazilian who have a very different approach to food- therefor their bodies are a lot smaller than Americans..

    ReplyDelete